Tuesday 6 August 2013

Introduction

DIONYSUS
Confessions of a Pagan God

This is an unusual project in that it is an exhibition of paintings and the publication of a small book of poems to accompany that exhibition.

Dionysus - ancient Greek vase

Although I have been a professional painter for many years, I am entirely new to poetry - but not, I hope, to the world of the imagination that informs all poetry of value.

Magical Horse - Mike Healey

It's true, I have been writing professionally for the stage. radio and television throughout my media career but poetry - well, that is a new adventure for me!

Th Oracle at Delphi - Mike Healey

By way of introduction to Dionysus himself - the subject of this multimedia work - let me start with a few thoughts on ancient mythology.


No comments:

Post a Comment